How to File Tax Extension online?
Add Your Business/ Personal details
Add your Balance Tax due Details
Review your Form
Transmit your Form
to the IRS
Information Required to File Tax Extension Forms
Information Needed to E-File Form 4868
- Personal details such as Name, SSN, Address
- Total tax liability and Payment for 2020
- Balance due if any
Information Needed to E-File Form 7004
- Business details such as Name, EIN, Address
- Tax Forms for which you are looking to apply for Extension
- The Estimated amount of taxes you owe, If applicable
Information Needed to E-File Form 8868
- Organization details such as Name, TIN, Address
- Enter Tax Details
- Balance Tax due, If applicable
Frequently Asked Questions on Tax Extension Forms
Form 4868 is generally used by an individual to extend their 1040 returns filing due date for up to 6 months. The following forms can be extended by using Form 4868
- Form 1040
- Form 1040A
- Form 1040-EZ
- Form 1040-NR
- Form 1040NR-EZ
- Form 1040-PR or 1040-SS
Form 4868 is due by May 17, 2021 (Monday) for the 2020 TY. However, by filing Form 4868, you can extend your filing deadline to October 15, 2021.
IRS Form 7004 is generally used by certain business income tax return filers who want to extend their income tax filing due date for up to 6 months. However, depending on the business type and tax year, the extended deadline will vary.
IRS Form 8868 is used by Non-Profit Organizations and Tax-Exempt Organizations to extend their Form 990 income tax filing returns due date upto 6 months.
Following forms can be extended using Form 8868
- Form 990 or Form 990-EZ
- Form 990 BL
- Form 4720 (Individual)
- Form 990-PF
- Form 1041 - A
- Form 990-T
- Form 5227
- Form 4720 (Other than Individual)
- Form 6069
- Form 8870
IRS Form 8809 is used by Individuals, self-insuring employers, and applicable large employers to get a 30 days extension of time to file an information Tax Return after the actual due date.
The deadline for Form 8809 varies depending upon the information tax form.
- For IRS Form W-2 and Form 1099- MISC (NEC), the deadline is January 31.
- For IRS Form W-2G, 1094-C, 1095, 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, and 8027, the deadline is March 31.
- For IRS Form 1042-S and 5492, the deadline is March 15 and May 31.
Our Customer Support Options
Best of all, our dedicated support team will be more than happy to assist you every step of the way. Please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone or email with any questions that you may have.
You can call us at 803.514.5155 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday.
E-mail us at email@example.com for 24/7 support in English and Spanish.
You can even chat with us on our website & we’ll walk you through the whole process.