What is wage Tax Form W2?
Form W-2 is an information return that is filed with the SSA by employers to report employees’ salary and other compensations offered throughout the year. In addition to filing with the SSA, employers must also send copies of Form W-2 to their employees. Form W-2s should only be filed for employees and not for independent contractors.
Deadline to E-File Wage Tax Form for 2018 Tax Year
- Employee Copy Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Paper Filing Deadline: January 31, 2019
- E-filing Deadline: January 31, 2019
How to Electronically file Wage Tax Form W-2 Online?
When you e-file W-2, the process can be completed in just a few moments. You can securely e-file your forms with an authorized IRS agent like ExpressIRSForms. As an IRS-authorized e-file provider, we help to easily and quickly e-file W-2 Forms directly with the IRS. If you’d like, we’ll even print and mail your employee copies for you! See for yourself how easy e-filing Form W-2 can be.
Steps to Efile W-2 Forms with IRS Authorized E-file Provider
- Create your ExpressIRSForms account
- Select “New W-2 Form”
- Enter employer details
- Enter employee details
- Enter Form details
- Enter state information (if applicable)
- Review, pay, and transmit your form to the SSA
What Information is Required to Efile 2018 W2 Form?
The following are the basic information required to file W2 Form Online with ExpressIRSForms:
- Employer Details: Name, EIN, Address, Employee code, Employer type
- Employee Details: Name, SSN, Address, Contact Details
- Federal Wage and Tax Details
- State Wage and Tax Details
How to Correct Errors on W-2 Form?
You can make corrections to a W-2 you’ve already filed by filing wage tax correction Form W-2c. On Form W-2c, you’ll update the incorrect information (SSN, name, or address) and file the form to rectify the incorrect form. You can e-file Form W-2c with ExpressIRSForms and have your corrections filed in a few minutes! And you don’t even have to file Form W-3c, which is required when paper filing. Learn More
Reason for Rejecting the W-2 Forms
The Social Security Administration (SSA) will reject a W-2 Form under the following conditions:
- Medicare wages and tips are less than the sum of social security wages and tips,
- Social security tax is greater than zero; social security wages and tips are equal to zero, and
- Medicare tax is greater than zero; Medicare wages and tips are equal to zero.
Additionally, Forms W-2 and W-2c for household employers will be rejected under the following conditions:
- The sum of social security wages and tips is less than the minimum yearly earnings subject to social security and Medicare tax withholding for a household employee and The Medicare wages and tips are less than the minimum yearly earnings subject to social security and Medicare tax withholding for a household employee.
If you e-filed or paper filed and your Form W-2 or Form W-2c was rejected, the SSA will notify you by email or postal mail to correct the report and resubmit it.
Our W2 Software’s Exclusive Features
- Direct State Filing
- File multiple Forms instantly
- Bulk File W2 Forms by uploading all your employee information through a single excel template
- We print & postal mail w2 copies to your employees
- Have an access to your w2 forms through Print Center
- Free & Auto generated Form W-3
- Correct Previously filed W-2 Forms
- Support Prior Tax Year Filing (2017 & 2016)
- EFW2 File Upload
- Purchase Credits for high volume pricing
- Multi-User Access
- US-Based Support