Steps to Import Form 1095-B data with ExpressIRSForms
If you select the "employer" as the filer type when you start your ACA return with ExpressIRSForms, you can use the ExpressIRSForms "1095-B Employer template" to upload your Form 1095-B data:
- Step 1: Download our custom excel template of Form 1095-B for employer.
- Step 2: Fill in the required Employee, Issuer or Other Coverage Provider, and Covered Individual details.
- Step 3: Upload the 1095-B employer template, Preview the data that’s being uploaded & Process the data.
- Step 4: View and resolve any upload errors that occur by exporting them.
- Step 5: Review your finalized Forms 1095-B and download them or transmit them directly to the IRS.
As you get started importing your 1095-B data with ExpressIRSForms Employer template, be sure to keep these points in mind to make your process as easy as possible:
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required and must be completed before upload.
- Do not change the format, including the headers, of the ExpressIRSForms Excel template.
- Verify that there are no blank rows between each employee record in the spreadsheet.
- Verify that your employees' last names and SSNs match IRS records.
Order of Data Input for the ExpressIRSForms 1095-B Employer Template
- First Name* - Employee first name
- Middle Name - Employee middle name
- Last Name* - Employee last name
- Suffix - Employee Suffix
- SSN* - Employee social security number, formatted as XXX-XX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXX
- DOB - Employee date of birth
- Address Line 1* - Employee address
- Address Line 2 - Continuation of employee address
- City* - Employee city
- State* - Employee state, chosen from the drop down menu of 2-character state codes
- ZIP Code* - Employee zip code, formatted as XXXXX, XXXXX-XXXX, or XXXXXXXXX
- Country - Employee state, chosen from the drop down menu of 2-character state codes
- Email Address - Employee email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax Number - Employee fax number, formatted as XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX
- Telephone - Employee telephone number, formatted as XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX
- Employee ID - Employee identification number
- Origin of Policy* - Applicable origin of policy code
A. Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
B. Employer-sponsored coverage
C. Government-sponsored coverage
D. Individual market insurance
E. Multiemployer plan
F. Other designated Minimum Essential Coverage
Issuer or Other Coverage Provider Details
Complete this part only if C-F in the Origin of Policy Code, if you have entered A or B in Origin of Policy Code, please use our 1095-B Insurer Template to input your 1095-B data.
- Business Name - Business name
- EIN - Issuer Employer Identification Number, formatted as XX-XXXXXXX or XXXXXXXXX
- Telephone - Issuer's telephone number, formatted as XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX
- Address line 1 - Issuer address
- Address line 2 - Continuation of issuer address
- City - Issuer city
- State - Issuer state, choose from the drop down menu of 2-character state codes
- ZIP Code - Issuer zip code, formatted as XXXXX, XXXXX-XXXX, or XXXXXXXXX
- Country - Employer zip code, formatted as XXXXX, XXXXX-XXXX, or XXXXXXXXX
- First Name* - Covered Individual first name
- Middle Name - Covered Individual middle name
- Last Name* - Covered Individual last name
- Suffix - Covered Individual suffix
- SSN* Covered Individual social security number, formatted as XXX-XX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXX
- DOB - Covered Individual date of birth, formatted as MM/DD/YYYY (mandatory if SSN unavailable)
- All 12 Months - Choose "Yes" if the individual is covered all 12 months; otherwise, choose "Yes" in each applicable month (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec)
The ExpressIRSForms Post-Upload Process for 1095-B ACA Data
Import and Review Data
- When you upload your completed 1095-B employer template into ExpressIRSForms, you'll see a preview of the data being input..
- Once the file is processed, a summary of the import is shown with details like your total number of employees, as well as a total number of successfully imported employees and the number of those who were skipped.
View Errors (if any):
- If the Summary shows employees skipped, click "View Errors" for a brief explanation as to why.
- Export the Error File, and fix the error(s) indicated in the "Error Message" field.
- Upload the corrected file again to successfully e-file Form 1095-B to the IRS!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our dedicated U.S. based support team at (704) 684-4751 or support@ExpressIRSForms.com.