Steps to Import Form 1095-C data with ExpressIRSForms
With ExpressIRSForms, it's easy to import your Form 1095-C data:
- Step 1: Download our custom Excel template for Form 1095-C.
- Step 2: Fill in the required Employee, Offer & Coverage, and Covered Individual details.
- Step 3: Upload the Excel template and preview your data as it's processed by the program.
- Step 4: View and resolve any upload errors that occur by exporting them.
- Step 5: Review your finalized Forms 1095-C and download them or transmit them directly to the IRS.
As you get started importing your 1095-C data with ExpressIRSForms template, be sure to keep these points in mind to make your process as easy as possible:
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required and must be completed before upload.
- Do not change the format, including the headers, of the ExpressIRSForms 1095-C Excel template.
- Verify that there are no blank rows between each employee record in the spreadsheet.
- Verify that your employees' last names and SSNs match IRS records.
Order of Data Input for the ExpressIRSForms 1095-C Template
- First Name* - Employee first name
- Middle Name - Employee middle name
- Last Name* - Employee last name
- Suffix - Employee suffix
- SSN* - Employee social security number, formatted as XXX-XX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXX
- Address Line 1* - Employee address
- Address Line 2 - Continuation of employee address
- City* - Employee city
- State* - Employee state, chosen from the drop down menu of 2-character state codes
- ZIP Code* - Employee zip code, formatted as XXXXX, XXXXX-XXXX, or XXXXXXXXX
- Country - Employee country, chosen from the drop down menu
- Email Address - Employee email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number - Employee telephone number, formatted as XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX
- Fax Number - Employee fax number, formatted as XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX
- Employee ID - Employee identification number
Offer and Coverage
- Offer of coverage (enter required code) - All 12 Months
Select the required code and enter it in the box if the employee is covered for all 12 months. Otherwise, enter the appropriate code in the applicable months.
(14.Jan, 14.Feb, 14.Mar, 14.Apr, 14.May, 14.Jun, 14.Jul, 14.Aug, 14.Sep, 14.Oct, 14.Nov, 14.Dec)
- Employee share of lowest cost monthly premium - All 12 Months
Enter the premium amount for All 12 Months or for the months which is applicable.
(15.Jan, 15.Feb, 15.Mar, 15.Apr, 15.May, 15.Jun, 15.Jul, 15.Aug, 15.Sep, 15.Oct, 15.Nov, 15.Dec)
- Applicable section 4980H safe harbor (enter code if applicable) - All 12 Months
If applicable, select the required safe harbor code, and enter it in the box if the employee is covered for all 12 months. Otherwise, enter the appropriate code in the applicable months.
(16.Jan, 16.Feb, 16.Mar, 16.Apr, 16.May, 16.Jun, 16.Jul, 16.Aug, 16.Sep, 16.Oct, 16.Nov, 16.Dec)
Visit https://www.taxbandits.com/aca-forms/form-1095-c-line-14-16-codesheet/ to know more about Line 14 codes of Form 1095-C.
EmployerSelfCoverage - If the employer provides self-insured coverage for the employee, choose "Yes" and complete the following information on each Covered Individual. Otherwise, leave these fields blank.
- Covered Individual First Name - First Name of covered individual
- Covered Individual Middle Name - Middle Name of covered individual
- Covered Individual Last Name - Last Name of covered individual
- Covered Individual Suffix - Suffix of covered individual
- Covered Individual SSN - Individual social security number, formatted as XXX-XX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXX
- Covered Individual DOB - Individual date of birth, formatted as MM/DD/YYYY (mandatory if SSN unavailable)
- Covered Individual All 12 Months - Choose "Yes" if the individual is covered all 12 months; otherwise, choose "Yes" in each applicable month.
(Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec)
Tip: To add details for multiple covered individuals, insert rows just below the employee the covered individual's associated with, and fill in the appropriate information.
The ExpressIRSForms Post-Upload Process for 1095-C ACA Data
Import and Review Data:
- When you upload your completed Excel file into ExpressIRSForms, you'll see a preview of the data being input.
- Once the file is processed, a summary of the import is shown with details like your total number of employees, as well as a total number of successfully imported employees and the number of those who were skipped.
View Errors (if any):
- If the Summary shows employees skipped, click "View Errors" for a brief explanation as to why.
- Export the Error File, and fix the error(s) indicated in the "Error Message" field.
- Upload the corrected file again to successfully e-file Form 1095-C to the IRS!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our dedicated U.S. based support team at (704) 684-4751 or support@ExpressIRSForms.com.